Monday, June 2, 2008

OUR NEW WHEELS...

I guess nothing too exciting ever happens at our house. It's kinda the same ol' thing everyday. When we were little my mom started the "happy hand." The deal was that you couldn't play or go anywhere until you had done your "happy hand." Just like your hand has five fingers, you had five things to do in the morning...eat breakfast, get dressed, fix your hair, brush your teeth, and say your prayers. I've started doing that with the girls and Brinlee loves it. Anyway, that is how our day starts. Then, it's laundry, picking up after the girls, preparing meals, picking up after the girls, running errands, picking up after the girls....I think you get the picture. Brinlee is learning to clean up and loves to mop the floor and dust. Hallie is still pretty easy even though she has her moments. Rai Rai will help out once in a while, but I think she is our challenge right now...

On Saturday we bought a new car. It's a 2002 Mitsubishi Galant. With gas prices going up and the economy not so great we thought we better park the truck for a while and only use it when we needed to pull the trailer. That way we keep the mileage low so we can get the most out of it when we trade it in next year for a MINIVAN. Yep, that's right. Kyle has agreed to own a minivan. However there was a catch. If I get a minivan than he gets a 1997 Ford F350 for his "man needs." I thought that was a fair trade. I guess we'll still need something to pull the trailer with. Well, back to our new car. I think it's pretty cool.

And, just in case anyone was wondering, it does fit three carseats. That was one thing we tested BEFORE we signed the papers. I love having a trunk. No more strollers getting rained on or having to put groceries in a pile of snow in the bed of the truck. It's great.


Another feature that I love...



...the sunroof. The girls think it's pretty neat too! I think Kyle's favorite thing is the V6 engine. He likes to test the cars zero to sixty abilities and see how fast he can go on the freeway. He's definitely a guy!!

1 comments:

Andrea (Annie) said...

Love the new car! Love Rai Rai's perfectly clean face! Love that you are staying plenty busy with those cute little girls. Miss you guys and can't wait to see all of you in July. Love reading your blog and seeing all the cute pictures. Give all the girls a love from Aunt Annie! Love to all.