Thursday, April 23, 2009

BRINLEE'S 3 1/2 BIRTHDAY

When we were growing up it was tradition that we went on a date with our dad on our half birthday. It was fun to get some 1 on 1 with dad and it pretty much felt like we got two birthdays every year. So, we decided it would be fun to carry out the "half birthday" tradition with our kids. Sugar started taking Brinlee out last year for a "half-birthday date" and Brinlee just loves it. This year they went to the Library to check out some books, Jason's Deli (where Janae works) to get a free ice cream cone, and the nursery to pick out some flowers for Sugar's flower bed. While they were gone Rai Rai and Kenna made Brinlee some cupcakes to celebrate (I had to work). She felt so special all day.







Also, on Saturday Kyle took Brinlee to see the new Hannah Montana movie. They went to the 9:40 pm showing and Brinlee thought it was so cool to be the only little kid there...and she loved the movie!! I sent the camera with them and they took some pretty cute pics together.


Raigen can't wait for her 1/2 birthday in June!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

The Crabby Fam said...

She is so cute. I 'm sure every one was so surprised to see her at the late showing and pry more surprised that she was awake at the end! Happy half birthday Brin!

sierra said...

Photos of Brinlee's half birthday date with Sugar... courtesty of Sierra Coombs photography ;)Love ya Brinlee!

Jennica said...

What a great lil idea for a daddy daughter date, I may swipe it one day when i'm married...and have kids...lol

Juanita said...

Hey, how did you 'back-up' your blog? I think I remember you saying you did a while ago. Do you transfer the posts somewhere or is it something else?

Can't wait to hear about your newest little sweetie!!!