Friday, August 14, 2009

HAIR

Cassidy came over yesterday and had her hair all krimpy. Brinlee really liked it and asked Cass if she would braid her hair. Cassidy was sweet enough to braid it for her. Then she went to sleep and this morning we took it out. It actually looks really cute.

Before... Taking out all the rubberbands and braids...After...
About a month ago the girls were playing outside while I was making dinner. I walked out to check on them and raigen had her hand in the drawer of a little plastic dresser we have outside. I asked her what she was doing and she wouldn't take her hand out. Finally I had to pry her hand out and she had a pair of scissors in her hands. I said, "Rai Rai you aren't supposed to play with scissors. What are you doing with them?" She said, "Mom, Brinlee cut my hair." I hadn't even noticed, but when I saw it I started to cry. I looked on the patio and there were little clumps of blonde hair all over it. I was so sad because Raigen has awful hair and I have been working on getting it thick by trimming it frequently and being really careful with rubberbands, etc. It was just starting to look like pretty little girl hair, then this. Check it out! Luckily because of where it is I think I will just let it grow out and not cut the rest of her hair. We just keep it in a little ponytail.See, you can't even tell :)...Brinlee was in big trouble and still to this day she asks me, "Mom, are you still mad at me for cutting Rai Rai's hair?" I explain to her that I was mad and that it was naughty, but that I have forgiven her. Kids are really so innocent.

Brinlee is an awesome daughter. She is only 3 1/2 and she can vacuum, fold clothes, put clothes away and change Taylor's diapers (potty only). She's a great little helper.
I always hang dry the girls clothes, instead of drying them in the dryer, because I don't always have time to check for stains. Anyway, Brinlee is great at hanging up clothes. The other day I asked her to hang up the clothes while I did dishes. This is what I found ten minutes later. She had even organized them into colors (so cute)...

2 comments:

Andrea (Annie) said...

We just love Miss Brinlee! She is growing up so fast and is such a darling little girl. Glad she is such a good helper.

Andrea (Annie) said...

Oh, and Rai Rai's hair, you gotta love it!