Sunday, July 6, 2008

Summer Fun

Well, summer is here and the girls spend most of their time in the house to avoid the heat. They really get tired of staying inside all the time, so, for my sanity and theirs, Kyle and I have made a special effort to take them out to do something every day. Usually it's just a walk to the park in the evening, or a trip to Wal-Mart, or going to watch Kyle play softball, but we have done a few other fun things.

A couple of weeks ago Kyle and I took the girls to the the Treehouse Children's Museum in Ogden and they loved it. It's fun because everything is focused on the kids. For example, all the doorways and archways to the different exhibits are like 5 feet tall or less so Kyle and I did a lot of ducking. And, there are child sized toilets and sinks in the bathroom. I mention this because Brinlee decided she needed to go to the bathroom at least 6 times in 2 hours and I'm sure it was only because she liked the little toilets and being able to reach the sink and soap dispenser. The chairs and tables were all small. It was like two-year old's dream playhouse. Brinlee dressed up in every costume available and each time we had to fight her to take it off.



The baby nursery was a big hit!



Raigen loved the bridge (she just kept walking back and forth over it), the tables of toys, and the train...

Brinlee loved the big teeth...


Kyle had as much fun as the girls :) He played at every exhibit and loved the rock slide...


He spent like twenty minutes looking at everything through the microscope. Finally I had to tell him to let the kids have a turn...



Raigen hated this "talking donkey" and Kyle made the most of it (it was a puppet)!!


We had a lot of fun!

Me and Hallie took the pictures!

0 comments: