Every year over Labor Day weekend Kyle's mom and sisters go to East Canyon for a "Girls Weekend Out." Since I married into the fam I've been invited too. I've gone for the past 4 years. First by myself (8 months pregnant with Brin), Next with Brinlee, then with Brin and Raigen, and this year with Brin, Raigen, Hallie, and Cass (for a helper). Everytime I'm pregnant I hope for a boy just so I won't have to take ANOTHER girl up there, but no luck yet. HA HA!
Everyone heads up to East Canyon Thursday night. Then on Friday morning we go to Swiss Days and eat the traditional Navajo Tacos (yum). Me and the girls didn't get to do that this year because I had to work Thursday night, but we drove to Swiss Days Friday morning and took a quick walk around the booths and then headed to the Park City Outlets (my favorite part of the weekend). We get so many great deals up there. In fact, I usually get Brinlee's entire winter wardrobe while we're there (shh!). Anyway, Saturday usually consists of a lot of swimming, playing, and munching. We went home Sunday morning for a missionary farewell and then went back up (with Kyle) to spend the last night. We all headed home Monday afternoon. It's a really fun tradition and a great time for the girls to get to know their cousins since we don't get to see them very often. Brinlee loves playing with her cousins!
We went on a little walk around the resort every night...
(Cass, Amelia, Brinlee, and Maggie) Brin, JaQuoy, and Karson...
Quoy and Hallie...
Bad picture, but this is the condo we stay in. Usually we all share one, but we realized last year that it was a little too crowded so we got two this year so there would be more room to spread out. And to tell you the truth, I kinda missed being crowded. It was weird not being with everyone all the time, but it was still fun.
Monday, September 8, 2008
Girls Weekend Out
Posted by Lindsay at 11:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment